We are very proud to announce our collaboration with Akubra Hats. We have worked together with Akubra to put together a bespoke *LIMITED EDITION* Hat: “The Alvey Akubra”
The specifications are as follows:
- Genuine Akubra fur-felt hat
- Made in Australia
- Colour: Bran
- Sizes: 53-63cm
- Shape & Style:
- call-name: ALVEY, custom foil-embossed onto roan sheepskin sweatband
- 83mm brim width with cut edge
- tear-drop crown with pinched front
- eyelet vents
- bonded-leather hatband featuring a shark tooth
- Custom ALVEY inner label
- Individually boxed
- Carry Bag and chinstrap included
AKUBRA SIZE GUIDE – MEASURING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Heads come in all sizes, and in a surprising variety of shapes.
Although Akubra hats are adaptable and will usually conform to differences in shape with a little wearing, it is essential that the size be correct for your head.
TO DETERMINE YOUR HAT SIZE FOLLOW THESE 3 SIMPLE STEPS:
- Measure the circumference around your head – approximately 12mm (1/2″) above the ears
- Keep the dressmaker tape level and firm, across the temple and above the eyebrow ridges.
- Check the size chart given below.
NOTE: For in-between measurements use the next size up.
For an enduring fit with your new Akubra the following points should be considered:
- The Sheepskin inner band of the hat may shrink slightly with use. Do not expect a tight-fitting hat to ‘loosen up’
- In time, the hat will conform to your head shape. Initially, a slightly loose-fitting hat can be adjusted using folded tissue placed behind the inner band, then removed as the hat conforms to your head shape.